You can become a partner of the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC) by participating in an existing grant or scholarship program, or by offering a specific program in collaboration with the FRQSC.
The FRQSC currently offers two programs in which partners from the public, parapublic, community and private sectors may participate.
The Concerted Actions Program
Allows partners to actively participate in key phases of the research process, from identifying research needs and taking part in certain stages of the competition to the appropriation of results. The concerted action, which may be a thematic program or a targeted project, is a multifaceted initiative which is adapted as closely as possible to the partners' needs while respecting the research agenda. Communication and exchange are fostered throughout the research process. To consult the Concerted Actions program pamphlet, click here.
Research Scholarships in a Practice Environment
Brings together practice environments – such as municipalities, professional offices, parapublic organizations and private companies – and students interested in conducting part of their research project within the context of such an environment. This program offers several advantages for the partner:
- Funding : The FRQSC pays 2/3 of the scholarship, with the remaining third being paid by the partner.
- Expertise : The partner gains a highly qualified worker on the cutting edge of research with an interest in a subject that is of direct concern to the organization or company.
This program fosters the creation of quality working relationships that often lead to the student being hired by the host organization or company.
Several recurring programs are also offered in partnership. These cover areas or themes linked to the specific interests of program partners, which may be government departments, organizations or one or more funding agencies. Examples include:
- Program to Release College Researchers from their Teaching Duties, offered in partnership with the Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche et de la Science
- Merit Scholarships for Foreign Students, offered in partnership with the Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche et de la Science
- Research internships in collaboration with FRQ-Mitacs Accelerate Québec
- An occupational health and safety research network (Réseau de recherche en santé et sécurité au travail), funded in collaboration with the two other Fonds de recherche du Québec
- A road safety research network (Réseau de recherche en sécurité routière), funded in collaboration with the two other Fonds de recherche du Québec, the SAAQ and the Ministère des Transports
- A suicide research network (Réseau thématique de recherche sur le suicide), funded in collaboration with the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS)
In this section
Do you have questions?
Directrice des programmes et du développement des partenariats
Coordonnatrice au programme Actions concertées
418 643-7582, poste 3138
Responsable de programmes
418 643-7582, poste 3192