The Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC) in 2013–2014...
Support for research and training for young researchers
|339||New researcher-professors and new researcher-creator professors|
|1,434||Researchers contributing to 114 teams|
|1,928||Researchers contributing to 28 strategic clusters|
|33||Research and knowledge review journals|
|34||Ongoing Concerted Actions initiatives supported by government partners|
|10||Affiliated university centres and university institutions|
50,230,898 in funding for awards and training, operating and infrastructure grants...
to support research activities and special projects.
New partnerships for research development
- Launch of six new competitions for Concerted Actions initiatives on priority research topics (population aging, NE3LS research and innovation networks, physician remuneration methods, student retention and success) that have mobilized $8.1M from partners
- A total of 17 awards and 132 grants for current Concerted Actions initiatives
- Funding for 8 Québec-France research projects as part of an international agreement with the Agence nationale de la recherche (France)
Research promotion and innovation
- Three reflection activities and two events for young researchers that mobilized several research and innovation stakeholders (80 to 180 participants in each activity)
- Nearly 40 follow-up meetings and 10 research results and knowledge transfer activities mobilizing over 600 Concerted Actions partners and researchers
Recognized expertise in scientific assessment
- 2,048 eligible applications to the FRQSC's awards and grants programs evaluated by 11 committees, which include 341 experts in every discipline covered by the FRQSC
- The FRQSC also leverages its expertise in scientific assessment for the Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche et de la Science as part of two research support programs.