The Équipe de recherche en partenariat sur la diversité culturelle et l'immigration dans la région de Québec (Quebec Region Cultural Diversity and Immigration Research Team - ÉDIQ) brings together universities, government institutions, community and social organizations and first line services. Their mission: to examine the interactions between individuals and groups within society, taking into account both historical roots and new local dynamics.
The researchers of this team directed by Lucille Guilbert from Université Laval have put forward the hypothesis that new arrivals and the local population face transitions that call into question their quality of life, identity and sense of belonging. They observe the interactions between various groups and the governance and mediation of political, economic, social and cultural institutions, as well as studying the projects, transitions, acquisitions and knowledge transmission of new arrivals.
Intercultural groups of about fifteen people from diverse disciplinary and cultural backgrounds come together in the ÉDIQ's intercultural workshops, where they carry out mutual training and run intercultural imagination workshops. As for the ÉDIQ's seminars, these bring together all of the regular members of the research group, collaborators, students and invited guests during two days of discussion. The ÉDIQ's forums celebrate cultural diversity and reach a wide public from all backgrounds as well as researchers and decision makers.
The research team's website constitutes a dynamic means of communication, knowledge transfer, promotion of cultural diversity and of immigration of individuals and groups and their accomplishments. The team will also present a triple conference entitled Gouvernance et participation citoyenne: réciprocités éthiques dans la francophonie interculturelle transnationale, during the 13th congress of the Association internationale sur la recherche interculturelle, in Sherbrooke in June 2011.
Équipe de recherche en partenariat sur la diversité culturelle et l'immigration dans la région de Québec
Lucille Guilbert, Université Laval
- Stéphanie Arsenault, Université Laval
- Marie-Jules Bergeron, Conférence régionale des élus de la Capitale-Nationale
- Nicole Gallant, Institut national de la recherche scientifique – Urbanisation Culture Société
- Stéphanie Laperrière, Municipalité régionale de comté de la Jacques-Cartier
- Aline Lechaume, ministère de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale
- Michel Racine, Université Laval
- Claude Rossi, Agence de la santé et des services sociaux
- Sylvain Rossignol, Cégep de Sainte-Foy
- Joanne Tessier, Collectif d'accompagnantes à l'accouchement de Québec
- Marguerite Tremblay, Université Laval