In recent years, research groups on men and men's realities have proliferated to such an extent that researchers working on men's realities can now be found in many countries. However, researchers remain isolated, and the groups that do exist are located in a specific country or confined to a single theme. L'Équipe de recherche Masculinités et Société (Masculinities and Society Research team), directed by Gilles Tremblay from Université Laval, came up with the project of creating an international network of researchers on men's realities, allowing better knowledge sharing and transfer of expertise in terms of research and intervention.
The project brings together fifteen researchers from nine countries (Australia, UK, France, USA, South Africa, India, Mexico, Brazil, English Canada and Quebec). This diversity will provide a dynamic environment inspired by the coming together of a variety of theoretical approaches, disciplines, methodologies and discursive practices. Their work aims at developing an approach that is not limited to addressing problems or difficulties specific to men, but that will lead to a more positive perspective on men and the different realities they face.
The official creation of this international network culminated with a meeting of all of the participating researchers during an international conference on men and masculinities at Université Laval in March 2011. This conference is intended as a forum for reviewing the family-related, political and social issues affecting boys and men. It had be one of the first international conferences on this theme in the world..
Équipe de recherche Masculinités et Société
Gilles Tremblay, Université Laval
- Dominique Bizot, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Renée Brassard, Université Laval
- Normand Brodeur, Université Laval
- Germain Dulac, Université de Montréal
- Christine Hudon, Université de Sherbrooke
- Simon Lajeunesse, Université Laval
- Suzanne Léveillée, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Jocelyn Lindsay, Université Laval
- Sylvie Parent, Université Laval
- Éric Pilote, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Gilles Rondeau, Université de Montréal
- Jean-François Roussel, Université de Montréal
- Bernard Roy, Université Laval
- Jacques Roy, Cégep de Sainte-Foy
- Valérie Roy, Université Laval
- Pierre Turcotte, Université Laval